New Links Added!
New links added to insurance related sites on our links page. Click here to go to them.
Download a free home contents inventory software created by the Insurance Information Institute. This software will be invaluable in the case of a loss. It will help you document with written text and includable photos of a room and all its contents. The download can be found on our Free Downloads page. Click
here to go to it now.
Below is a typical operating procedure in the preparation of a claim by Equitable Adjusters.
After the fire - Assured surveys the loss
1. First Step - Our office receives call informing us of the assured's loss.
2. The Assignment - Immediate field report to our adjuster.
3. On The Scene - Our adjuster, assured's insurance agent, and assured survey the damage to discuss approach to loss.
4. Making The Appraisals - Two of our professionals, an inventory specialist and a building expert, begin their work.
5. Reporting The Facts - Agent being contacted by our adjuster.
6. Comparing Notes - Our adjuster confers with insurance company adjuster at the scene of the loss.
7. Final Discussion - The assured meets with our adjuster and his insurance agent for last negotiation on the claim.
8. The Claim Is Settled - Satisfied assured receives settlement draft.