8 Step Claim Operating Procedure
After the fire – Assured surveys the loss
1. First Step – Our office receives call informing us of the assured’s loss.
2. The Assignment – Immediate field report to our adjuster.
3. On The Scene – Our adjuster, assured’s insurance agent, and assured survey the damage to discuss approach to loss.
4. Making The Appraisals – Two of our professionals, an inventory specialist and a building expert, begin their work.
5. Reporting The Facts – Agent being contacted by our adjuster.
6. Comparing Notes – Our adjuster confers with insurance company adjuster at the scene of the loss.
7. Final Discussion – The assured meets with our adjuster and his insurance agent for last negotiation on the claim.
8. The Claim Is Settled – Satisfied assured receives settlement draft.